NEW YORK (TheStreet) - With record amounts of cash on corporate balance sheets and several new exciting products on deck, 2012 could be one of the better years for the technology sector.
Here are three major trends that could drive tech sector growth during the coming 12 months.
We are starting to see another wave of consolidation in the tech sector, as evidenced by Lam Research (LRCX) and Novellus Systems' (NVLS) recent decision to merge and Blue Coat Systems' (BCSI) plans to sell itself to an investor group. There have also been rumors that Apple (AAPL) may open up its wallet for Flash memory company Anobit.With over $2 trillion in cash sitting on corporate balance sheets at the end of the third quarter, there's significant firepower waiting to be deployed to help companies continue to grow.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV