Casual apparel retailer The Buckle (BKE) operates 420 stores in 41 states, as well as an e-commerce presence at its eponymous site. Because this firm primarily targets the younger demographic, sales are largely dependent on buyers' abilities to target new apparel trends earlier than the competition -- a factor that ramps up the risk/reward proposition for Buckle.
Historically, the firm has enjoyed enviable pricing power, resulting in deep margins despite the fact that BKE is a pure retailer. That's an advantage that investors shouldn't discount going into the holiday season.The Buckle's short interest ratio currently weighs in at 11.4. To see this week's short squeezes in action, check out the Apparel Short Squeezes portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV