Sporting goods retailer Cabela's (CAB), one of TheStreet Ratings' top-rated specialty retail stocks, is another example of a stock with apparel exposure that's being heavily shorted right now. CAB's short interest ratio of 13.1 indicates that it would take nearly three weeks for shorts to cover. Growth has been slowly ticking higher for each of the last five years, and margins remain on the high end for a pure retail name.
While an aggressive acquisition strategy has increase the firm's total debt load considerably in the last couple of years, the strategy has also increased Cabela's overall scale. As a result, ratios remain strong, and long-term debt has actually been on the downslope for the last several quarters.An especially strong brand among sportsmen should keep sales strong in CAB.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV