- Costa Rica : Several airlines are increasing airlift to Costa Rica in 2012, creating more deals and greater accessibility. In addition, the U.S. dollar still goes a long way here in comparison to some other Central American and Caribbean destinations.
- Japan : Japan is hungry for tourism as it recovers from the devastating tsunami of 2011, and Deal Experts from Travelzoo's Tokyo office say upscale properties are reducing rates by as much as 50%. Travelers can stay at 5-star hotels in notoriously expensive Tokyo for less than $200 per night, and Japan Airlines is adding nonstop service from Boston in 2012, creating greater accessibility from the East Coast.
- The Mediterranean: With uncertainty across North Africa, many cruise lines have repositioned their ships to sail along Europe's Mediterranean coast. In addition, top cruise lines such as Norwegian Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean International are positioning a record number of ships in European waters in 2012, as they duke it out to capture share in Europe's growing cruise market. These two factors will result in the largest glut of supply in European waters in recent history. Travelzoo Deal Experts found an early-bird 10-night sailing on the Norwegian Jade for $549 per person that takes in Italy, Greece, Turkey and Egypt, a savings of $370.
- Orlando : Orlando has the most hotels in the country, and despite its reputation of good old American family fun, the city is dependent on convention and foreign leisure travel. Travelzoo Deal Experts expect soft demand for convention travel to continue into 2012 and a slowdown in European leisure travel to the United States, as the euro continues to slide against the dollar. Travelzoo recently published a deal at a 4-star Orlando resort for $65 per night -- the half-priced deal included a Disney® character breakfast, guaranteed tee times at Disney's® championship golf courses, spa discounts and complimentary theme park shuttles.
- Thailand : Like Japan, Thailand is in recovery, from its floods of this past year. As waters recede, the government and hoteliers are quickly sounding the all clear and advertising incredible deals. Five-star hotels are promoting stays for $100 per night, including massages and meals. Vacation packagers are also promoting jaw-dropping deals such as an eight-night, four-city package with air, meals and transfers for $999 per person, a savings of more than 35% on current rates. Travelers can also flex the muscle of the U.S. dollar in Thailand.
Travelzoo Unveils Five Wow Deal Destinations For 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.