NEW YORK, Dec. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Travelzoo Inc. (NASDAQ: TZOO), a global Internet media company, today announced five destinations its Deal Experts predict will offer excellent value to travelers in 2012. The destinations are Costa Rica, Japan, the Mediterranean, Orlando and Thailand. Travelzoo's Deal Experts reviewed thousands of deals and interviewed more than 400 travel executives over the past three months to determine these as the Wow Deal Destinations of 2012.
"We anticipate higher airfare prices, jaw-dropping hotel deals and an oversupply of cruise cabins," said Gabe Saglie, senior editor for Travelzoo. "Based on our extensive market research, we predict that Costa Rica, Japan, the Mediterranean, Orlando and Thailand will offer the most outstanding deals next year."
Here are the key reasons why these destinations stand out:
- Costa Rica : Several airlines are increasing airlift to Costa Rica in 2012, creating more deals and greater accessibility. In addition, the U.S. dollar still goes a long way here in comparison to some other Central American and Caribbean destinations.
- Japan : Japan is hungry for tourism as it recovers from the devastating tsunami of 2011, and Deal Experts from Travelzoo's Tokyo office say upscale properties are reducing rates by as much as 50%. Travelers can stay at 5-star hotels in notoriously expensive Tokyo for less than $200 per night, and Japan Airlines is adding nonstop service from Boston in 2012, creating greater accessibility from the East Coast.
- The Mediterranean: With uncertainty across North Africa, many cruise lines have repositioned their ships to sail along Europe's Mediterranean coast. In addition, top cruise lines such as Norwegian Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean International are positioning a record number of ships in European waters in 2012, as they duke it out to capture share in Europe's growing cruise market. These two factors will result in the largest glut of supply in European waters in recent history. Travelzoo Deal Experts found an early-bird 10-night sailing on the Norwegian Jade for $549 per person that takes in Italy, Greece, Turkey and Egypt, a savings of $370.
- Orlando : Orlando has the most hotels in the country, and despite its reputation of good old American family fun, the city is dependent on convention and foreign leisure travel. Travelzoo Deal Experts expect soft demand for convention travel to continue into 2012 and a slowdown in European leisure travel to the United States, as the euro continues to slide against the dollar. Travelzoo recently published a deal at a 4-star Orlando resort for $65 per night -- the half-priced deal included a Disney® character breakfast, guaranteed tee times at Disney's® championship golf courses, spa discounts and complimentary theme park shuttles.
- Thailand : Like Japan, Thailand is in recovery, from its floods of this past year. As waters recede, the government and hoteliers are quickly sounding the all clear and advertising incredible deals. Five-star hotels are promoting stays for $100 per night, including massages and meals. Vacation packagers are also promoting jaw-dropping deals such as an eight-night, four-city package with air, meals and transfers for $999 per person, a savings of more than 35% on current rates. Travelers can also flex the muscle of the U.S. dollar in Thailand.
For deals to these Wow Deal Destinations, visit www.travelzoo.com/destinations/2012.About Travelzoo Travelzoo Inc. is a global Internet media company. With more than 24 million subscribers in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific and 24 offices worldwide, Travelzoo® publishes deals from more than 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. Travelzoo Deal Experts review offers to find the best deals and confirm their true value. In Asia Pacific, Travelzoo is independently owned and operated by Travelzoo ( Asia) Ltd. and Travelzoo Japan K.K. under a license agreement with Travelzoo Inc. Certain statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934. These forward-looking statements may include, but are not limited to, statements about our plans, objectives, expectations, prospects and intentions, markets in which we participate and other statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts. When used in this press release, the words "expect", "predict", "project", "anticipate", "believe", "estimate", "intend", "plan", "seek" and similar expressions are generally intended to identify forward-looking statements. Because these forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, there are important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements, including changes in our plans, objectives, expectations, prospects and intentions and other factors discussed in our filings with the SEC. We cannot guarantee any future levels of activity, performance or achievements. Travelzoo undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this press release. Travelzoo and Top 20 are registered trademarks of Travelzoo. All other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV