HARBIN, China, Dec. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ -- China XD Plastics Company Limited (NASDAQ: CXDC, "China XD Plastics" or the "Company"), one of China's leading specialty chemical players engaged in the development, manufacture, and sale of modified plastics primarily for automotive applications, today announced that the Company's shareholders voted upon all the proposals as recommended by the board at the 2011 annual shareholders meeting held in Sanya, China on December 14, 2011.
The following three proposals were approved by the Company's shareholders at the 2011 annual shareholders meeting:
- Ratify setting the authorized number of members of the Board of Directors ("the Board") at nine members.
- Elect a total of nine directors to the Board of the Company, including two directors elected solely by the holders of the Company's Series D Preferred Stock, to serve until the next annual meeting of shareholders and until their successors are duly elected and qualified.
- Ratify the appointment of KPMG as the Company's independent auditors for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2011.
About China XD Plastics Company Limited
China XD Plastics Company Limited, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Harbin Xinda Macromolecule Material ("Xinda"), develops, manufactures, and sells modified plastics, primarily for automotive applications. The Company's products are used in the exterior and interior trim and in the functional components of more than 70 automobile models manufactured in China, including AUDI, BMW, Toyota, Buick, Mazda, VW, and Hafei new energy vehicles. The Company's wholly-owned research center is dedicated to the research and development of modified plastics, and benefits from its cooperation with well-known scientists from prestigious universities in China. As of September 30, 2011, 202 of Xinda's products have been certified for use by one or more of the automobile manufacturers in China. For more information please visit http://www.chinaxd.net.Safe Harbor Statement This announcement contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements other than statements of historical fact in this announcement are forward-looking statements, including but not limited to, the Company's ability to raise additional capital to finance the Company's activities; the effectiveness, profitability, and the marketability of its products; legal and regulatory risks; the Company's ability to execute its growth strategy; the future trading of the common stock of the Company; the Company's ability to operate as a public company; the period of time for which its current liquidity will enable the Company to fund its operations; the Company's ability to protect its proprietary information; general economic and business conditions; the volatility of the Company's operating results and financial condition; the Company's ability to attract or retain qualified senior management personnel and research and development staff; and other risks detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and available on its website at http://www.sec.gov. These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties and are based on current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections about the Company and the industry. The Company undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent occurring events or circumstances, or to changes in its expectations, except as may be required by law. Although the Company believes that the expectations expressed in these forward looking statements are reasonable, it cannot assure you that its expectations will turn out to be correct, and investors are cautioned that actual results may differ materially from the anticipated results. Contacts: China XD Plastics Mr. Taylor Zhang, CFO ( New York)Phone: +1-212-747-1118 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mr. Tienan Han, IR Manager ( Harbin)Phone: +86-451-8434-6600Email: email@example.com FTI Consulting for China XD PlasticsMs. Cara O'Brien ( Hong Kong)Phone: +852-3768-4537 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mr. John Pattison ( Beijing) Phone: +86-10-8591-1958Email: email@example.com SOURCE China XD Plastics Company Limited
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV