After Wednesday's close,
Standard & Poor's said it's adding the company to the S&P 500, replacing
(TLAB), which is being demoted to the
S&P Midcap 400 index because its market capitalization has dipped below $1.5 billion.
In turn, Telllabs is bumping Digital River (DRIV) down to the S&P SmallCap 600 index, and Digital River is displacing Network Equipment Technologies (NWK), which is the smallest constituent of the S&P SmalllCap 600.
The changes are to take effect at the close of trading on Dec. 20, the same date that TripAdvisor, an online travel company based in Newton, Mass., expected to complete its spinoff from Expedia (EXPE).-- Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV