NEW YORK (TheStreet) - It's that time of year when retailers start assessing the success of upper management, weeding out the unsuccessful leaders.
These struggling companies are looking to start the New Year with a manager that can revive brand image, give the company a foothold in the growing e-commerce, mobile and social world and figure out how to effectively operate traditional brick-and-mortar locations.
But there are still a number of other retailers that should consider ousting their CEOs in 2012.Here's a roundup of some of the worst retail CEOs of the year. Cast your vote at the end of the story for which you think should be fired and leave comments below if you think we left out a CEO who should be on the list.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV