Chemtura Corporation (CHMT): Today's Featured Chemicals Winner
Chemtura Corporation (CHMT) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.8%. By the end of trading, Chemtura Corporation rose 21 cents (2%) to $10.71 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Chemtura Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 901,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $10.33-$10.96 after having opened the day at $10.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.50. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Pure Bioscience (PURE), up 9.1%, Aceto Corporation (ACET), up 3.7%, KMG Chemicals (KMGB), up 3.4%, and Senomyx (SNMX), up 3.3%. Chemtura Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of specialty chemical solutions and consumer products worldwide. Chemtura Corporation has a market cap of $1.08 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 29.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Chemtura Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Chemtura Corporation as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its poor profit margins and unimpressive growth in net income.
- You can view the full Chemtura Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV