Crown Holdings Inc (CCK): Today's Featured Consumer Non-Durables Winner
Crown Holdings (CCK) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer non-durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Crown Holdings rose 37 cents (1.2%) to $32.23 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.8 million shares of Crown Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.78-$32.66 after having opened the day at $31.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.86. Other companies within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that increased today were: Parlux Fragrances (PARL), up 7.5%, Female Health Company (FHCO), up 6.2%, Avon Products (AVP), up 5.1%, and Zep (ZEP), up 4.5%. Crown Holdings, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. Crown Holdings has a market cap of $4.87 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.7, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Crown Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Crown Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Crown Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV