Aon Corp. (AON): Today's Featured Financial Winner
Aon (AON) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Aon rose 55 cents (1.2%) to $45.06 on average volume. Throughout the day, three million shares of Aon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.46-$45.21 after having opened the day at $44.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.51. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Bank VA Chesterfield (BOVA), up 28.6%, CNB Financial Corporation (CCNE), up 15%, Gleacher (GLCH), up 13%, and CIFC (DFR), up 12.6%. Aon Corporation provides risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing services in the United States and internationally. Aon has a market cap of $14.65 billion and is part of the insurance industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.7, above the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 16.5 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 0.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Aon a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Aon as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Aon Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV