Enough Money for Retirement? Even Rich Say No
Even among the affluent, 80 is the new 65. Nearly one in five with assets between $100,000 and $250,000 feel they will need to work until "at least age 80." Among all the affluent, 12% said they will work until 80 years of age.
In the survey, Americans had to have investable assets of $100,000, excluding real estate and other property, to be considered affluent. The group surveyed was split evenly between Americans with between $100,000 and $250,000 and those with more than $250,000.
--Written by Christina Cheddar Berk of CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV