Enough Money for Retirement? Even Rich Say No
By Christina Cheddar Berk, CNBC News Editor
NEW YORK ( CNBC) -- Fears that retirement will lead to a drop in one's standard of living due to insufficient savings isn't a concern restricted to the middle class, according to the findings of recent survey.
Four in ten affluent Americans say their biggest fear about retirement is they "will do all the right things today and it still won't be enough for tomorrow" and 9% say they fear they have under saved and won't recover, according to a poll of 801 affluent Americans conducted by Harris Interactive for Wells Fargo Retirement.
"I think we just assumed they would be in a better place for retirement," said Karen Wimbish, director of Retail Retirement at Wells Fargo.
More from CNBC
Have You Committed Coupon Fraud Without Even Knowing It?
Businesses You Can Start for Under $5,000
What They're Googling Now
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV