1. R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl
Dec. 17 in New Orleans
San Diego State vs. Louisiana-Lafayette
How low is this bowl's payout? Middle Tennessee State is an eight-and-a-half-hour drive away and the school and its Sun Belt Conference still lost $50,000 sending the team there in 2009.
While playing in the Superdome is nothing to scoff at -- especially considering it's hosting this year's title game and the 2013 Super Bowl -- the money being offered to poor San Diego State is only questionably enough to send the team all the way from California, never mind a band and fans. Even when they arrive, the teams have the "honor" of playing in a 76,000-seat stadium that has never drawn more than 31,000 for this event.
Like all too many a night on Bourbon Street, this bowl seems like a really good idea at the time but ends up costing a whole lot later.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV