5. Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl
Jan. 2 in Jacksonville, Fla.
Ohio State vs. Florida
In just about every other sport in America, a clash between two .500 teams wouldn't warrant millions of dollars in investment.
When one is basically a bowl's home team and the other is one of the biggest brands in college sports from a region that contributes a sizable snowbird population to that bowl's home state, the price tends to go up.
Ohio State (6-6) and Florida (6-6) are a dream matchup for a Gator Bowl already relegated to ESPN2. Ex-Florida coach Urban Meyer is heading to Columbus next year and basically wrote the Gator Bowl's subplot months ago. Throw in the fact both teams have played for the national championship twice in the past six years -- including Florida's 41-14 drubbing of the Buckeyes in 2006 -- and it's tough for this year's mediocre Buckeyes and Gators to walk away from that multimillion-dollar payday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV