4. Chick Fil-A Bowl
Jan. 31 in Atlanta
No. 25 Auburn vs. Virginia
This is where the rankings start to fall off a bit and the enticements get real.
Auburn and Virginia have the kind of fan bases that can fill the Georgia Dome on a non-bowl night, but those big programs won't get out of bed and come to your bowl if there isn't big money involved. Paying out more than $3 million for a major city bowl that's fairly accessible to both fan bases is generous to say the least.
Even if certain members of your student body feel strongly about a certain sponsor's views on kale and marriage, your conference's thanks for bringing in yet another big payday will certainly salve the wound.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV