1. AT&T (T) Cotton Bowl
Jan. 6 in Arlington, Texas
No. 8 Kansas State vs. No. 6 Arkansas
There should be this much money involved for two teams that probably should have been in BCS bowls in the first place.
Arkansas wasn't helped by an LSU-Alabama Take Two title game that gave the SEC two spots in the BCS. Kansas State, meanwhile, doesn't draw like Michigan or Stanford, allegedly doesn't draw as well as undersold Virginia Tech and doesn't have the the Big East and ACC automatic bids of West Virginia and Clemson -- yet has already sold 14,000 tickets to its bowl game, or more than the latter two combined.
Still, these two teams get Jan. 6 all to themselves, the biggest payout of any non-BCS bowl and the cold comfort of knowing that theirs is the best matchup left before the BCS title game. It's little consolation, but it's the best the bowls had to offer. Besides, it could have been a lot worse: They could be sent to the purgatory that is the $1 million Maaco Bowl Las Vegas in Whitney, Nev., and forced to play a 6-6 pushover from the Pac-12 such as No. 7 Boise State will on Dec. 22.Count your blessings and thank your conferences.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV