Updated with particulars of the deal and information from a source close to the NFL Players Association
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The National Football League and CBS (CBS), Comcast's (CMCSA) NBC and News Corporation's (NWS) Fox agreed on television contract extensions through 2022 on Wednesday that could hike the NFL's total revenue from the networks by 60%, a source close to DeMaurice Smith, executive director of the National Football League Players Association, said.
Current total revenue from television broadcasts is at about $1.93 billion a year, which means that by 2022, revenue could jump to $3.09 billion. NFL players will receive 55% of the television revenue as part of labor agreements reached in August.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV