6. Stanley Black & Decker (SWK)
Company Profile: Stanley Black & Decker makes tools. The company's brands include Black & Decker, Baldwin, DeWalt, Kwikset and Stanley.Share Price: $63.76 (Dec. 14) Potential Upside: 33.3% based on a price target of $85 Investment Thesis: Analyst Sam Darkatsh says Stanley Black & Decker is "significantly undervalued" headed into 2012 thanks to an attractive free cash flow yield. "Valuation has reached a point where it may act as its own catalyst via a disproportionately heavy share repurchase and/or a business portfolio review," Darkatsh writes. "While macro trends in Europe and the U.S. housing market are certainly not favorable, modest low single-digit organic growth seems a reasonable expectation given potential revenue synergies from Black & Decker." Interested in more on Stanley Black & Decker? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
5. Lincoln National (LNC) Company Profile: Lincoln National, with assets of $153 billion, offers annuities, life insurance, 401(k) plans, savings plans and financial planning. Share Price: $18.61 (Dec. 14) Potential Upside: 45% based on a price target of $27 Investment Thesis: Analyst Steven Schwartz says Lincoln National remains undervalued as fundamentals improve. Bank of America/Merrill Lynch analysts agree, picking Lincoln National as one of their top stock picks for 2012. "Lincoln National has the potential for substantial share price appreciation," Schwartz writes. "Lincoln continues to perform as a top-ten player in various life insurance product arenas and remains well suited to continue to benefit from the demand for the investment and insurance guarantees provided by the life insurance industry." Interested in more on Lincoln National? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV