Fidelity Dividend Growth (FDGKX)
Fund profile: The fund has been prominent in Fidelity's stable and should do well given the emphasis on dividend-paying stocks in the current investment environment. But this year the large-blend category has struggled mightily. Its 536-stock portfolio has been managed by Lawrence Rakers since September 2008. Morningstar says returns have been volatile, "but it's a fine fund for a patient investor."Performance: down 10.7%, putting it in the 94th percentile versus its large-blend category peers and 7 percentage points below their average return. But over three years it has an admirable 19.8% annual average return. Assets: $8.5 billion Worst picks: Citigroup (C), its second-largest holding, down 43%; Wells Fargo (WFC), down 14%; JPMorgan Chase (JPM), down 24%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV