TranS1 (TSON) is a medical device company focused on designing, developing and marketing products that implement its minimally invasive surgical approach to treat degenerative disc disease and instability affecting the lower lumbar region of the spine. This stock is trading up 20% at $2.15 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.95-$2.3952-Week Range: $1.39-$5.42 Volume: 760,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 163,752 Shares of TSON are soaring higher today after the company announced that Palmetto GBA has removed its non-coverage policy for AxiaLIF effective Jan. 1, 2012. >>Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume From a technical standpoint, TSON is gapping higher back above its 50-day moving average of $1.95 on monster volume. What's interesting about this move is that the stock hit some stiff resistance once it got close to its gap down day's high price from October. I would not look to get long TSON again until the stock moves back above that gap down day high of just over $2.60 on high volume. Traders should look for volume that's near or above 163,752 shares on any future move over $2.60 to trigger the next long biased trading opportunity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV