U.S. Airways Group
U.S. Airways Group (LCC), through its subsidiaries, provides air transportation for passengers and cargo. This stock is trading up 5.5% at $5.48 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $5.25-$5.5052-Week Range: $3.96-$11.56 Volume: 3.6 million Three-Month Average Volume: 6.9 million The airline sector is catching a bid today after Delta Air Lines (DAL) updated its guidance ahead of an investor meeting. The airline said it expects to earn $800 million in fiscal 2011. From a technical standpoint, LCC has started to move back above its 50-day moving average of $5.26 on decent volume. Market players should now watch for the next upside trade to trigger if LCC can manage to breakout above some near-term overhead resistance levels. Watch for a move above $5.81 and then $6.08 on high volume to trigger more upside for LCC. Watch for volume that registers near or above 6.9 million shares if those levels get taken out in the near future. U.S. Airways, one of David Tepper's top holdings, shows up on recent lists of 10 Top Stocks Under $5 for 2012 Picked by Analysts and Stocks Selling Below Cash per Share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV