NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The markets sank again Wednesday as gold fell 5% and broke through its 200-day moving average.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 131.46, or 1.10%, to 11,823.48. The S&P 500 dropped 13.91, or 1.31%, to 1211.82. The Nasdaq slid 39.96, or 1.55%, to 2539.31.
Joe Terranova said on CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show that the big decline in gold today is connected to the growing need in the euro region to raise capital by selling gold.
Guy Adami suggested there could be a bottom to the decline when a headline comes out saying a central bank is stepping in to buy gold.For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV