Blue Nile (NILE)said last month that its CEO Diane Irvine resigned, providing no explanation for her departure.
Vijay Talwar, senior vice president and general manager of its international business, was named interim CEO. The company is currently seeking Irvine's successor, with the search being led by Chairman Mark Vadon.
Irvine had been with Blue Nile since the company was founded more than a decade ago, serving as chief financial officer before assuming the CEO post.In its third quarter, Blue Nile's earnings fell short of Wall Street's estimates, sending shares free-falling nearly 20%. While the online jeweler's sales rose 11% to $75 million, the rest of the report didn't look so hot, with profit plunging 32% and the company offering a weak outlook for the end of the year. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 6 Retailers Banking on a New CEO in 2012 portfolio on Stockpickr. -Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV