American Eagle Outfitters
American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) named Robert Hanson as CEO in November to succeed Jim O'Donnell who will retire in January.
Hanson, who most recently served at the global president of Levi's, will assume the role on Jan. 30.
O'Donnell has led American Eagle since November 2003. After being appointed to the post, shares of American Eagle surged 182%, hitting an all-time high in January 2007. Since reaching that high, however, the stock has tumbled 58% and shares are about flat for the year-to-date period.Amid the recession, American Eagle struggled to remain competitive against deep price cuts from rivals like Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) and was plagued by merchandise misses. In the first half of 2011, the teen retailer was hurt by weak sales, but has seen a bit of a turnaround in the past two quarters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV