Why Shopping for Macy's is a Super Smart Move
"Their MyMacy's localization initiative is bringing the right merchandise into the stores and their comp sales are moving higher," says Dunkerley.
The $822 million fund, which garners a full 5 stars from Morningstar (MORN), is up 1.5% over the past year, better than 92% of its peers. Over the past five years, the fund has returned an average of 8.3% annually, outpacing 99% of its Morningstar rivals.
Another well-known name that Dunkerley likes and that also boasts a large number of Wall Street skeptics is CBS (CBS). Despite worries about online media competition, Dunkerley says a heated presidential election in 2012 could boost returns at the television network. "I think the acrimonious political environment in the U.S. is causing an arms race. Candidates are spending more money on these political ads. That's good for networks like CBS. So there are a lot of drivers for this stock," says Dunkerley. And while many say a recovery in the U.S. economy will increase new car sales at the expense of service centers like AutoZone (AZO), Dunkerley says there will be no shortage of auto repairs as the average age of an automobile on the road has now hit 11 years. "The U.S. economy is expanding so I think car sales will go up but cars are still very old so AutoZone is going to do very well. The average age of a vehicle is near a record. They are the leading retailer on the do it yourself side, plus, they are repurchasing their shares," says Dunkerly. Finally, Dunkerley is a fan of Herbalife (HLF) as an emerging markets play saying that "when their incomes go up, they eat more calories. So they gain weight. They need a weight loss solution."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV