This is the market, it's about $1 billion global market, the blue slice of the pie represents the United States, clearly the largest segment and this just for aneurysms below the renal arteries and the importance of that anatomy will become clear as I take you through the pipeline.
Here is the competitive set, it's truly us in three other companies, two of which are private, Gore and Cook and Medtronic. As you will see all of those devices which fall into a category called proximal fixation rely upon a similar methodology where the device is inserted through a catheter, implanted and deployed and anchors into the aortic wall with a series of hooks and barbs are attachments to attach itself and hang from the area just below the renal arteries.
Our devices you can see over on the left is just fundamentally different. We have a single piece bifurcated system that actually sits right on the patients bifurcation where the aortis splits up and goes down the leg. Instead of attaching via hooks and barbs up near the renal arteries, we sit on that natural junction where the aortis splits up that’s where we get our platform and our foundation, our stability. And then we add a second piece of just to get seal below the renal arteries.
This unique approach offers patient the advantage to preserve that bifurcation for future peripheral cross-over procedures. So, any one of the other devices once you put that in, you have now lost the ability to do a future peripheral intervention, in a cross-over way with ours we preserve the bifurcation and enable patients to have that opportunity which is important because about a third of AAA patients also have PAD. So, that’s really one of the key distinguishing features of our system and has helped fuel our growth, which as highlighted here you can see we have grown nicely over the last several years, 83 million is the mid-point of our recently increased guidance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV