2. Baidu.com (BIDU) is an Internet search engine providing information, including Web pages, news, images and multimedia files online in Chinese. The company serves online marketing customers comprising of small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), domestic corporations, and divisions or subsidiaries of multinational corporations.
Of the 33 analysts covering the stock, 88% recommend a buy and the rest rate it a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate 55% upside to $189.48 in value from current levels.
For the third quarter of 2011, Baidu recorded revenue of $654.7 million, indicating an increase of 85.1% from the year-ago quarter. Net income for the quarter stood at $295 million, or 84 cents per share, surging 79.8% from the third quarter of 2010. Traffic Acquisition Costs represented 8% of total revenue, compared to 8.9% in the prior-year quarter.Baidu recently announced plans to invest about $470 million in China's online market through 2015, primarily to support entrepreneurs in building their online presence and to train more than 100,000 search marketing professionals. The initial cash outlay will aid close to 2 million SMEs to expand their commercial activities in the country. Early September, Baidu reportedly partnered Dell to develop tablet computers and mobile phones. The company's total revenue guidance for the fourth quarter is $691.4 million to $711 million, growing 79.9% to 85% from the same quarter the preceding year and above street estimates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV