5. Mobile Tele Systems (MTS) (MBT) is a Russia-based telecommunication provider offering mobile and fixed voice, broadband, pay TV as well as content and entertainment services. Including its subsidiaries, the company services more than 100 million mobile subscribers. MBT has been awarded GSM licenses in Russia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Armenia and Belarus, a region that boasts a total population of more than 230 million.
Of the 21 analysts covering the stock, 71% recommend it as a buy and 29% it rate a hold. Analysts' average 12-month price target for the stock is $21.07, about 45.1% higher than the current price, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
For the 2011 third quarter, MBT reported revenue of $3.27 billion, growing 12.5% from $2.91 billion in the same quarter the previous year. Net profit stood at $361.8 million for the quarter and diluted EPS was 18 cents at the end of the quarter.The ARPU of MTS reached $9.06 in the third quarter of 2011, increasing 6.84% from $8.48 in same quarter of 2010. The MOU also grew 11.5% to 272 in the third quarter vs. 244 in the third quarter of 2010. MTS and Samsung jointly announced the launch of Samsung Smart TV sets and Blu-ray players with built-in access to multimedia entertainment portal Omlet.ru, which is an interactive store with a great selection of legal video content from MTS. Recently, MTS' subsidiaries completed the acquisition of a 100% stake in CJSC Sistema-Inventure, which directly owns 29% of ordinary shares of Moscow City Telephone Network. Sistema-Inventure was acquired from JSFC Sistema.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV