6. TIM Participacoes (TSU) is a Brazil-based holding company operating through subsidiaries TIM Celular and Intelig Telecomunicacoes in the telecommunication segment. It's a mobile, fixed, long-distance and data transmission operator and has international roaming agreements for TIM customers; more than 450 networks are available in over 200 countries across six continents.
Of the 13 analysts covering the stock, 92% recommend a buy and 8% suggest a hold. Analysts' average 12-month price target for the stock is $33.07, about 37.2% higher than the current price, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
For the third quarter, the company reported total net revenue of $2.3 billion, an increase of 18.9% from $1.97 billion in the same quarter the previous year. Net profit reached $170 million, growing 115.7% from $78.8 million in the year-ago quarter.TIM's subscriber base reached 59.2 million, expanding 26.1% from the prior-year quarter. Total traffic amounted to 22.4 billion minutes, growing 32.8% year-on-year. MOU reached 130 minutes in the third quarter, up 5.2%, vs. 123 minutes in the third quarter the previous year. Tim Participacoes acquired nine lots of spectrum in the 1.8 gigahertz band airwaves for $61 million through the Brazilian government's auction that raised $132 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV