8. Netease.com (NTES) is a China-based Internet company engaged in developing applications, services and other technologies for the Internet in China.
Of the 26 analysts covering the stock, 85% recommend a buy and 15% suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $58.80, or 24.7% higher than the current price, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
For the third quarter of 2011, Netease reported total net revenue of $306.9 million, up 46.6% from $209.3 million in the same quarter last year. Net income attributable to shareholders grew 48.05% to $129.4 million, or 99 cents per share, from $87.4 million, or 67 cents, for the same period a year ago. The company generated 88% of its revenue through online games, both in-house titles and licenses of popular Western games.As of Sept. 30, registered Netease email users grew 4.9% to 430 million, while micro-bloggers surged 68.6% to 88.5 million, from the second quarter. On Dec. 1, Netease announced that its board of directors has agreed to a new stock repurchase program of $50 million American Depositary Shares within three months. NTES recently launched a free iPhone client for television programming listings to enable users to check weekly listings for more than 500 channels. NTES plans to separate its shopping search-engine domain Gouwu.youdao.com for independent operation, Senior Vice President Zhou Feng told Reuters in a recent interview, without disclosing other details.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV