9. Tata motors (TTM) is India's largest automobile company, the world's fourth-largest truck manufacturer and the third-largest bus producer. Operating in two segments, automotive and other, Tata and its subsidiaries engage in the development of engineering and automotive solutions, manufacture of construction equipment, automotive components, supply chain activities, and automotive retail and service operations.
Of the 53 analysts covering the stock, 74% recommend a buy and 19% suggest a hold. The stock is a value pick with a target price of $20.08, about 22.4% higher than the current price, say MarketWatch analysts.
For second-quarter fiscal 2012, Tata Motors reported revenue of $7.86 billion, up 27.8% from $6.15 billion in the same quarter the prior year. Net profit came in at $410.5 million, while diluted EPS stood at 12 cents at the end of the second quarter.Tata Motors sold 76,823 units during November, up 40.6% from 54,622 in the same month last year. Sales of Nano -- the world's cheapest car -- were 6,401 during the month compared to 509 units in the year-ago period, recording a more than 12-fold jump. The group's global wholesales for October stood at 95,789 units, 10% higher than in the same month last year. Cumulative sales for the fiscal are 642,431 units, up 7% compared to the corresponding period in 2010. Tata recently rolled out Tata Sumo Gold, equipped with the new technology, and Range Rover Evoque from the Jaguar Land Rover corporate showroom in Mumbai. Tata Motors is planning to launch a diesel version of the Nano at the upcoming Delhi Auto Expo in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV