American Airlines Inflight Entertainment Is Out Of This World With Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
FORT WORTH, Texas, Dec. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- American Airlines customers can now have convenient access to a personal universe of movies, music and TV shows at 35,000 feet. Beginning today, customers traveling in premium class cabins will be the first to see the Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 10.1 device onboard select flights.
American is the first domestic airline to offer a branded tablet onboard its aircraft, giving premium customers access to a library of entertainment options inflight. The customized tablets, which feature a 10.1-inch screen, replace the current personal entertainment devices in American's First and Business Class cabins on transcontinental flights between New York's JFK and Los Angeles, JFK and San Francisco, Miami and San Francisco, and Miami and Los Angeles served with 767-200 and 767-300 aircraft; international flights to and from Europe and South America served with 767-300 aircraft; and transcontinental flights between Boston and Los Angeles served with 757 aircraft.
"We continue to move forward with our efforts to modernize the travel experience by using the innovative Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to provide inflight entertainment onboard," said Rob Friedman, American's Vice President – Marketing. "Today's news is the latest in a series of investments we've made in our focus on product and service enhancements for our premium customers, and we know they will be delighted with the contemporary entertainment experience of the tablet."During the initial rollout, customers can choose from over 70 movies, including 30 new releases, with three titles exclusive to American from Paramount, as well as a variety of television programs and audio selections – all carefully chosen to cater to the diverse tastes of American's premium cabin customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV