1. Starbucks (SBUX) is the leading coffee shop chain with operations in more than 50 countries. The company sells roasted whole bean coffees along with beverages and fresh food items through company-operated retail stores. As of October, the company had 17,000 retail stores.
For fiscal year 2011, Starbucks reported revenue of $11.7 billion, up 9% over fiscal year 2010. The global comparable stores sales increased 8%. In its first year of launch, Starbucks Mobile transactions exceeded 26 million. Earnings per share for the year surged 31% to $1.62 as compared to the previous fiscal year. The company paid cash dividend of 17 cents per share, an increase of 31% from the previous payout.
In November, the company acquired Evolution Fresh. Earlier this month, the company entered five new Chinese cities: Langfang, Zhengzhou, Harbin, Xiangtan and Zhoushan. Starbucks plans to open over 1,500 stores in mainland China by 2015.For fiscal 2012, Starbucks plans to open 800 net new stores globally. Meanwhile, it targets a 10% revenue growth led by mid-single-digit comparable store sales growth. Earnings per share are seen in the range of $1.75 to $1.82, indicating a 15% to 20% growth over the fiscal year 2011. In the past 52 weeks, the stock traded between a low of $30.75 and a high of $45. Currently it is at 43.61. Of the 29 analysts covering the stock, 17 recommend a buy. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 5 Large-Caps Flirting With 52-Week Highs portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV