2. Yum! Brands (YUM) is a restaurant company operating over 38,000 restaurants in 110 countries and territories and employs 1 million people. Its portfolio includes company-operated and franchised stores worldwide under the brands KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Long John Silver's (LJS) and A&W All-American Food Restaurants.
For the third quarter 2011, operating profit increased 7% in China and 3% at Yum! Restaurants International. Worldwide sales grew 6%, including 29% in China and 8% at YRI. The company plans to open 600 new units in China this year and 900 new units in YRI. Same-store sales increased 19% in China and 3% at YRI.
During the quarter, the company announced a 14% increase in its quarterly dividend. Going forward, the company targets an annual dividend payout ratio of 35% to 40% of net income.The company plans to buy Little Sheep restaurants in China after clearance from China's Ministry of Commerce. It currently holds 27.2% of the outstanding shares of Little Sheep. In the past 52 weeks, shares of Yum! Brands traded between a low of $46.27 and a high of $59.17 and currently at $58.28. JPMorgan Chase and Bank of America have a buy rating on the stock with a price target of $67.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV