3. Diageo (DEO) is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Baileys, Buchanan's and Bushmills whiskies, Captain Morgan, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Crown Royal, J&B, Johnnie Walker, Jose Cuervo, Smirnoff, Tanqueray, Windsor and Guinness.
For the quarter ending in September 2011, Diageo reported organic net sales growth of 9% against the comparable period with volume up 5%. The company registered sales growth across all geographies with North America up 5%, Europe up 6%, Latin America and Caribbean up 30%, Africa rising 9%, and Asia-Pacific registered sales growth of 14%.
Subsidiary East African Breweries commissioned its new brewery in Tanzania. The company is the official partner of 2014 Ryder Cup at Gleneagles. Diageo will use its alcohol brands to promote the 2014 Ryder Cup globally partnering Ryder Cup Europe.In the past 52 weeks, the stock traded between a low of $71.25 and a high of $86.78. It is now trading at $85.42. We expect the stock to continue the uptrend, and any pullback could be a great opportunity to get onboard. Of the six analysts covering the stock, four recommend a buy and two rate a hold.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV