3. Diageo (DEO) is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Baileys, Buchanan's and Bushmills whiskies, Captain Morgan, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Crown Royal, J&B, Johnnie Walker, Jose Cuervo, Smirnoff, Tanqueray, Windsor and Guinness.
For the quarter ending in September 2011, Diageo reported organic net sales growth of 9% against the comparable period with volume up 5%. The company registered sales growth across all geographies with North America up 5%, Europe up 6%, Latin America and Caribbean up 30%, Africa rising 9%, and Asia-Pacific registered sales growth of 14%.
Subsidiary East African Breweries commissioned its new brewery in Tanzania. The company is the official partner of 2014 Ryder Cup at Gleneagles. Diageo will use its alcohol brands to promote the 2014 Ryder Cup globally partnering Ryder Cup Europe.In the past 52 weeks, the stock traded between a low of $71.25 and a high of $86.78. It is now trading at $85.42. We expect the stock to continue the uptrend, and any pullback could be a great opportunity to get onboard. Of the six analysts covering the stock, four recommend a buy and two rate a hold.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV