4. McDonald's (MCD) franchises and operates restaurants. It is the world's largest fast-food chain operating more than 33,000 restaurants and serving over 64 million people in 119 countries each day. More than 80% of McDonald's restaurants worldwide are owned and operated by locals.
For the third quarter of 2011, McDonalds reported revenue of $7.2 billion, up 14% from the same period in 2010. The company registered higher global comparable sales of 5.0%, with the U.S. up 4.4%, Europe up 4.9% and Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa growing 3.4%. Consolidated operating income increased 14%, while EPS stood at $1.45, up 12%.
In November 2011, McDonald's reported better-than-expected rise in monthly sales at established restaurants worldwide, led by huge gains in Japan, China and Europe. The sales were boosted on the seasonal addition of its Peppermint Mocha drink and the popular limited edition McRib.The company plans to open 1,300 new restaurants and remodel 2,400 existing restaurants in fiscal 2012. The stock is currently trading at $98 with a 52-week high of $98.95. EPS is anticipated to grow 10.5% over the next five years. The stock's price surged over 14% in the past 90 days and more than 30% a year ago. Of the 30 analysts covering the stock, 22 recommend a buy on it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV