HOUSTON, Dec. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Invesco today announced the launch of Invesco Premium Income Fund (PIAFX) for investors seeking an income strategy that attempts to achieve its objective of current income by actively allocating assets across multiple income-producing asset classes and strategies.
The management team will employ risk-balancing principles to allocate assets between and within the two portfolios to create a balanced-risk profile for the fund. The expectation of this strategy is to provide protection during periods of economic stress while meeting the fund's income objective.
"Many investors have clearly become more risk averse and those nearing or in retirement are looking for income streams," said Scott Wolle, CIO of Invesco Global Asset Allocation and lead manager of Invesco Premium Income Fund. "Our philosophy is that understanding, managing and allocating risk is fundamental to a properly constructed portfolio that seeks to achieve these goals."Invesco Premium Income Fund is organized into two portfolios:
- A high-income portfolio designed to seek income and increase in value during periods of economic strength.
- A government bond portfolio that holds assets expected to provide income and increase in value during periods of economic stress.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV