The Beer Machine
If you really like a macrobrewed beer, don't want to get your hands dirty and find the actual brewing process a painful bore, you're likely in The Beer Machine's key demographic.
The Beer Machine is the kind of product that makes home brewing enthusiasts cringe, but lets home brew wannabes play Anheuser-Busch (BUD) for a few days. The 2.6 gallon contraption is basically a giant refrigerator-friendly fermenter with a tap and CO2 dispenser. It's entire brewing process, meanwhile, consists of combining water, hop-and-barley-derived "beer mix" and yeast, letting it ferment for about six days and throwing it into the fridge for another 10 days.
For $115 to $135 per machine, plus about $26 to $35 for beer mix packs, armchair brewers get to brew stout, porter, brown ale and lager through a process that in no way resembles actual brewing. It's not the best option out there, but if your potential home brewer is among the laziest people on earth and is OK with never holding a handful of hops in his or her life, the Beer Machine is definitely the path of least resistance.-- Written by Jason Notte in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV