Maltose Express starter kit
The one brewing kit Maltose offers isn't that dissimilar from what can be found at home brewing stores across the country, but the Szamatulskis feel that putting all the components together and giving an up-and-coming brewer just a bit of guidance will make a better beer in the end.
"We put this kit together ourselves instead of buying the brew kits that our wholesalers offer because this is how we believe we can get our customers to brew a successful beer the first time they brew," Tess Szamatulski.
The $110 kit includes a primary 7.8-gallon plastic fermenter with a drilled and grommeted lid, a secondary stage five-gallon glass carboy, airlock and stopper, racking cane, five feet of flexible tubing, bottle filler, capper, caps, sanitizer, hydrometer, floating thermometer, bottle brush, and two books. The first volume is Byron Burch's how-to guide Brewing Quality Beers and the second is the Szamatulskis' clone-beer recipe book Beer Captured.The buyer is on his or her own for ingredients, but Maltose also offers kits of its Beer Captured recipes for sale from $38 to make little more than two cases of a reasonable facsimile of Tusker Premium Lager to $65 for a Samuel Adams (SAM) Double Bock doppelganger. The brewing kit and the kits of ingredients fall right in the middle of the price range for home brew products of their kind and serve as strong starting points for potentially serious brewers. If you can't picture this present being pulled out of the garage more than twice or so after it's given, though, might we suggest:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV