Intrepid Potash (IPI) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Intrepid Potash rose 13 cents (0.6%) to $21.12 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Intrepid Potash exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 768,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.01-$21.92 after having opened the day at $21.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.99. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Nanophase Technologies Corporation (NANX), up 4.3%, China Green Agriculture (CGA), up 2.6%, Yongye International (YONG), up 2.5%, and Terra Nitrogen Company L.P (TNH), up 2.3%. Intrepid Potash, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the production and marketing of muriate of potash or potassium chloride, and langbeinite under the Trio brand name primarily in the United States. Intrepid Potash has a market cap of $1.64 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16, above the average chemicals industry P/E ratio of 15.9 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 41.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Intrepid Potash a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Intrepid Potash as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Intrepid Potash Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about IPI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV