Baxter International (BAX) pushed the Health Services industry lower today making it today's featured Health Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Baxter International fell 46 cents (-0.9%) to $49.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.5 million shares of Baxter International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.19-$50.06 after having opened the day at $49.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.76. Other company's within the Health Services industry that declined today were: China Medical Technologies (CMED), down 13%, Enzo Biochem (ENZ), down 11.8%, Arrhythmia Research Technology (HRT), down 9.9%, and Strategic Diagnostics (SDIX), down 8.2%. Baxter International Inc., through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and markets products for people with hemophilia, immune disorders, infectious diseases, kidney disease, trauma, and other chronic and acute medical conditions. Baxter International has a market cap of $28.4 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.3, equal to the average health services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Baxter International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Baxter International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Baxter International Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BAX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV