CALHOUN, Ga., Dec. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Mohawk Industries, Inc., (NYSE: MHK) announced today that effective January 2, 2012, Brian Carson will be appointed President of the Mohawk Flooring Business Unit and that John "J.T." Turner, Jr., will be appointed President of the Dal-Tile Business Unit.
Carson joined Mohawk in 2006, after a sixteen-year career at Armstrong World Industries, where he held a number of senior leadership roles. Carson joined the Mohawk Flooring Business Unit as President of Hard Surfaces and was later promoted to Vice President of Operations for the Division. In early 2011, he assumed his current role as the business unit's Chief Operating Officer.
Turner began his career with Dal-Tile in 1990, progressing through a series of leadership roles in Sales, Operations and General Management throughout the business. In 2005, Turner was promoted to Senior Vice President of Sales and served in that role until being appointed Senior Vice President of Operations in 2008. He assumed his current responsibilities as Chief Operating Officer of the business segment in early 2011."Brian and J.T. are industry veterans with the institutional knowledge, business acumen and innovative creativity to further the success of our carpet and ceramic businesses," said Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum, Chairman and CEO of Mohawk Industries. Carson and Turner will succeed Frank Peters, current President of the Mohawk Flooring Business Unit, and Harold Turk, current President of the Dal-Tile Business Unit. Both Peters and Turk will continue with the Company by leading strategic development activities in their respective segments. "I am grateful for the many years of leadership that Frank and Harold have contributed to the Company, and I am pleased that they will provide ongoing guidance and drive initiatives within our business," Lorberbaum said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV