5. JPMorgan Chase
Shares of JPMorgan Chase (JPM) closed at $33.18 Friday, for a year-to-date decline of 20%. Based on the mean price target of 45.91 among analysts polled by FactSet, the shares have 38% upside potential.
Based on a 25-cent quarterly payout, the shares have a dividend yield of 3.01%.JPMorgan stands out among the largest U.S. banks with that generous dividend payout, and following the next round of Federal Reserve stress tests, investors are hoping for an increased return of capital, with a higher dividend payout and/or share buybacks. Please see TheStreet's earnings coverage for discussion of the company's third-quarter results. After JPMorgan Chase announced its third-quarter results, FBR analyst Paul Miller lowered his 2012 earnings estimate for the company to $5.00 a share from $5.65, but reiterated his buy rating and $46.00 price target for the shares, saying the company was "well positioned with a 7.7% Tier 1 common ratio per Basel III requirements." The shares trade for 6.6 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of $4.88 among analysts polled by FactSet, and for just above tangible book value, according to SNL Financial. Out of 25 analysts covering JPMorgan Chase, 23 rate the shares a buy and two have neutral ratings. Interested in more on JPMorgan? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV