10. Bank of New York Mellon
Shares of Bank of New York Mellon (BK) closed at $19.60 Friday, for a year-to-date decline of 34%. The shares have 28% upside potential, based on the mean price target of $25.02, among analysts polled by FactSet.
Based on a quarterly payout of 13 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.65%.Please see TheStreet's earnings coverage for a summary of the company's third-quarter results. Guggenheim Securities analyst Marty Mosby in November reiterated his buy rating for BNY Mellon a buy, with a $25 price target, saying after the company's Investor Day review that even though the company's projection of operating earnings growth at the lower-end of a range of "7% to 11%," caused him to lower his 2012 EPS projection by 28 cents to $2.35, "BK represents significant upside potential (+22% to +45%) with limited downside (-4%)." On Tuesday, the analyst predicted that Bank of New York would raise its dividend payout to 3.5% in 2012, while reducing its share count by 7% through $1.8 billion in share buybacks. The shares trade for 8.1 times the consensus 2012 earnings estimate of $2.35 a share, among analysts polled by FactSet, and 2.3 times tangible book value, according to SNL Financial. Out of 18 analysts covering Bank of New York Mellon, 10 rate the shares a buy, seven have neutral ratings, and one analyst recommends selling the shares. Interested in more on Bank of New York Mellon? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV