These initiatives, as well as O-I's efforts to further reduce the carbon footprint of glass – already among the lowest in packaging, are intended to challenge the past erosion of glass' market share in more mature markets.
"With more than 20 years in the consumer packaged goods space and two years consulting with O-I, I can see how the company can better connect customer intelligence and consumer preferences to build value. Customer connectivity and growth are key opportunities for O-I and I'm excited to drive those efforts," said Gardner. "We intend to significantly increase value for our customers and continue growing the global market for glass."
Gardner brings more than 20 years of business leadership experience to O-I, including management-level positions with three consumer-focused Fortune 250 companies, including Procter & Gamble. He joins O-I after five years with Accenture, where he worked with many of the world's largest consumer packaged goods companies and their suppliers. Gardner has spent the past two years working closely with O-I's innovation and marketing teams on the development of the company's innovation road map.
About O-IOwens- Illinois, Inc. (NYSE: OI) is the world's largest glass container manufacturer and preferred partner for many of the world's leading food and beverage brands. With revenues of $6.6 billion in 2010, the company is headquartered in Perrysburg, Ohio, USA, and employs more than 24,000 people at 81 plants in 21 countries. O-I delivers safe, effective and sustainable glass packaging solutions to a growing global marketplace. For more information, visit www.o-i.com. SOURCE Owens- Illinois, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV