3. VMWare (VMW)
Company Profile: VMWare is the world's largest virtualization-software vendor for server operating systems. EMC owns about 80% of the company.
2011 Return: 8.5%
Market Cap: $12 billionPotential Upside: 29.6% to $125 2. Aeroflex Holding (ARX) Company Profile: Aeroflex Holding is a manufacturer of radio frequency (RF) and microwave integrated circuits, components and systems used in high-performance wireless-communication systems. Aeroflex was downgraded to "underweight" from "equalweight" on Monday by Morgan Stanley (MS), which cites defense spending cuts, and lower longer-term industry spending and the low probability of it achieving its earnings guidance in the second half of next year as the reasons for the change. 2011 Return: down 35% Market Cap: $850 million Potential Upside: 31.8% to $14 1. Apple (AAPL) Company Profile: Apple designs consumer electronic devices, including PCs (Mac), tablets (iPad), phones (iPhone) and portable music players (iPod). Its iTunes online store is the largest music distributor in the world. 2011 Return: 22% to $520 Market Cap: $366 billion Potential Upside: 32% to $520 >>To see these stocks in action, visit the Goldman Sachs' Top Tech Stocks for 2012 portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV