Sanchez Energy operates mostly in the Eagle Ford Shale area of South Texas, where it has accumulated 39,000 acres. The compan specializes in unconventional oil, which is black oil -- a more sticky oil and not as valuable as lighter grade crude oil.
The Eagle Ford shale is one of the fastest growing unconventional shale trends in North America. The rig count has grown 659% from January of 2010 to November 2011. Sanchez Energy sees it as having low risk and repeatable drilling opportunities.
--Written by Debra Borchardt in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Debra Borchardt.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV