Akorn (AKRX) manufactures and markets a range of diagnostic and therapeutic ophthalmic pharmaceuticals, as well as niche hospital drugs and injectable pharmaceuticals. This stock is trading up 1.5% at $10.82 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $11.14 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $10.73-$11.1452-Week Range: $4.87-$11.14 Volume: 470,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 1.2 million Akorn has a market cap of $1.03 billion and an enterprise value of $982 million. The stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 19.1 and a forward price-to-earnings of 29.27. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 72.2%, and for next year it's pegged at 19.4%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Akorn is notable at 8%. From a technical standpoint, AKRX is quickly approaching a big breakout trade if the stock can manage to clear some near-term overhead resistance at $11.14. Market players should now look for a sustained high-volume move and close above $11.14. Look for volume on that potential breakout that hits near or above 1.2 million shares. If we get that action, then this stock should continue to trend significantly higher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV