Abiomed (ABMD) is a provider of medical devices in circulatory support and offers a continuum of care in heart recovery to acute heart failure patients. This stock is trading up 3.5% to $21.33 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $21.50 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $20.84-$21.5052-Week Range: $8.97-$21.50 Volume: 153,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 265,486 Abiomed has a market cap of $804 million and an enterprise value of $715 million. This stock trades at a forward price-to-earnings of 125.76. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 78.1%, and for next year it's pegged at 342.9%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Abiomed is 6.7%. From a technical standpoint, ABMD has recently triggered a big breakout trade once the stock cleared some past overhead resistance level at $20. >>5 Stocks Setting Up to Break Out Market players should watch for ABMD to continue its trend higher since the stock has held above that key breakout level for a number of trading sessions. As long as ABMD stays above $20 and volume patterns remain decent to strong, then this stock should have a date with $25 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV