3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: Dec. 13
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- What's happening in small business today?
1. Things to consider before picking a franchise. Today's franchises come in all shapes and colors, from organic gardening to furniture repair. Franchises can offer a clear business plan and solid support system, but business owners should make sure the franchise they choose is right for them.
Before signing on the dotted line, according to Business News Daily, business owners should consider how much experience in the chosen industry is needed to run the franchise, if there is a need for your franchise and whether it is recession proof.
2. Black small-business owners optimistic about 2012. Black small-business owners are more than twice as likely than their white counterparts to plan enhanced employee benefits -- including providing more access to 401(k) plans -- over the next year or two, according to a survey by Nationwide Financial (NFS) and Harris Interactive.The survey, released today, polled 501 small-business owners in early August. Twenty four percent of black owners plan to add a 401(k) plan or some other employee self-funded plan, versus 11% of all small-business owners, the survey found. Other findings include:
- 28% are likely to add health insurance (vs. 11%)
- 19% are likely to add life insurance (vs. 6%)
- 16% are likely to add a company-funded defined-benefit pension plan (vs. 5%)
- 14% are likely to add disability insurance (vs. 6%)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV